Kettlebells & Kool-Aid


I like kettlebells. Here, I am doing kettlebell "wall bells", and I am in mid motion transitioning to catch the bell underneath in a squat. When we did these in warmups, the 1.5 pood felt good. When I got to them in the workout, the bell was flying all over the place! That is what I love about kettlebell training - it always seems to surprise me. Kettlebell training has also been essential in my development of a stronger core. While I haven't been powerlifting training (taking a hiatus for at the most a year), I can already sense that my core is a million times stronger than it was when all I was doing was the compound lifts of bench, squat & deadlift plus a few minor accessories.

As an update, since I have been gone so long, I still have been consistently crossfitting. I tend to go at least 4 times a week, with usually the goal being 5 if possible. My eating has "generally" cleaned up as well. I am a definite "gourmande" as they say in French - so it is difficult for me to eat clean all the time. So my goal is to eat clean at breakfast and lunch every day & then dinner at least 4 times a week. 80-20 rule for me here.


But back to Crossfit -- I have definitely drunk the Kool-Aid. I tend to tell everyone who talks to me about fitness, getting fit, working out, blah blah blah, about Crossfit. Tell them to come do a class with me on Saturday, talk to them about how much fun it is and how great of a community we have at Crossfit Omaha. Despite my constant gabbing, I have YET to get any of my friends/family to commit to doing Crossfit. I have had ONE friend come and do a Saturday workout with me. She loved it, but didn't commit due to various reasons. Hmmmm...maybe I need to adjust my approach?

0 comments: