Music

Now, this is a completely random post -- and I apologize to anyone who was hoping to find something of substance here -- like how Crossfit is awesome, powerlifting is fun and nutrition is the key. Not in this post. This post is about music.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a concert junkie. I am at least attending one concert a month - and usually more. In March, I went to 5 shows. I listen to a wide array of music, but I would say that I stick mainly with the indie rock scene. My FAVORITE musician of all time is Ben Harper. Honestly. I would be one of those girls that would break down in tears if I ever got to meet him. I feel mighty silly saying that, but I DON'T CARE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MAN.

So - this morning when I looked in my email inbox I received an email from the Ben Harper Newsletter. Ben has a new project going on - Relentless7 - which is a bit more edgy rock than his primary group, The Innocent Criminals. They have a new CD release on May 5th. But that isn't what caught my eye the most in this newsletter. Rather is was this:

R7 AT MILE HIGH MUSIC FESTIVAL JULY 18
Ben Harper & Relentless7 will join TOOL, Widespread Panic, Incubus, G. Love & Special Sauce and more at this year's Mile High Music Festival outside Denver, CO Saturday, July 18. Tickets are on sale now at Mile High Music Festival.

I have to say that I about sh*t my pants. I am buying my tickets TODAY. The lineup for Saturday is fantastic - with the bands above plus some others I love such as: Ani DiFranco, The Black Keys, India.Arie, etc. Sunday's lineup is good too, but I think I will just hit the Saturday shows. This announcement made my day. Seriously. Now I am off to go buy tickets. You should too. Hey, we could carpool!


Ben Harper and Relentless7

2 comments:

  • Kelli- I like you, but I would fight you if you ever laid a finger on my man Ben! He's mine!
    Ha. Love him too!

  • Ang - I am sure that I would be so worked up that I wouldn't get a chance to lay a finger on him - either I would faint, or he would run away laughing! :) Hmmm actually fainting might be a good idea...Ben would be one of those guys that would be kind enough to administer mouth to mouth if necessary...I HAVE A PLAN! ;) hahahaahaha *evil, 'take over the world' laugh*...