almost there


<---me squatting at my first women's nationals in 2006
okay so you know how last week my squats stunk? well last night was much better. MUCH better. I got into my new suit (ouch is all that I have to say...think it took me 20 minutes!) which helped a bunch. Its amazing how stretched out that last one was. And I ended up with a 335# squat for one. Remember that last week 315# for 2 felt really heavy. I am actually really happy with that. Now on to dropping weight!

I hate dropping weight. But things seem to be going in the right direction anyway. Yesterday I was worried because I was at 155#...that is a bit much to get down to 148.6 by Saturday. Well, on the scale this morning it read 153.6. Not bad. I have decided that by Thursday I need to be at 150-151. Thats the make or break day. Reason being is that I don't want to be so dehydrated on Saturday that my performance suffers a ton. And dropping 1-2# of water weight is easy. I am crossing my fingers that this works. I keep reminding myself that I just need to stay off the "crack" (i.e. refined sugars), limit my good carbs and watch my sodium intake. Should be enough. I remember a few years ago I was at 153 the day before the competition and I lost 5# of waterweight in a day. Now it wasn't pretty and my performance wasn't too hot, but at least I know that my body can do it. Tonight I'll be heading into Crossfit Omaha to sweat a bit, do a little metcon workout to ramp that metabolism. And speaking of CFOmaha...they ROCK! Hope a bunch of them show up on Saturday as planned...won't let you down my friends!

0 comments: