Butt Cramps

So after my pity party on Friday night (which the more and more I think about it - I REALLY was frustrated about my rhythm and not my ability) I came into Crossfit Omaha on Saturday morning looking to redeem myself. Perhaps a little overeager, because I ended up doing an extra round! Didn't realize it until afterwards of course, but hey! I am pretty sure it made up for the suck that I had on Friday night. We did the following:
6 Rounds (I did 7)
20 lunges
20 ball slams (16#)
Time: 10:45 -ish
Lunges give me butt cramps. And I continued to have these through Tuesday! Couldn't walk up and down stairs for fear that I would loose control of my legs and fall. I was officially walking like a duck.

Monday and Tuesday consisted of workouts that included a few of my favorite movements:
Monday:
25 minutes working with a partner
12 Handstand pushups
12 KTE
Tuesday:
15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
Sumo deadlift high pull (75#)
Push jerk (75#)
Time: 10:21
We then messed around a bit with handstand walks. A note on that - Crossfit has started to satisfy my desire for doing gymnastics again. I always dreamed about the fact that a gymnastics place would offer adult classes, because I was certain I would join. I did gymnastics for 14 years! I still dream about it. At least now I get to do certain things like handstand pushups, handstand walks, etc. without looking like an idiot!

0 comments: