Crossfit Omaha Step 1

So, last night I did my first 1:1 at Crossfit Omaha. Dang that was fun! Joe, one of the founders, was my trainer for the night and I really liked the way that he went about it. Oh - and sorry Joe for getting you talking and making it last so long! But I do love to talk about training methods! We worked on the basics: squat (got some new technique tips), push-ups, pull-ups (yeah! I can do pull-ups! funny how I didn't know that!) . Then it was on to my first WOD: 200 m run, 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats. So you know when you push your lungs so hard you feel like they are bleeding after you are done...yep, that was me! Funny though, I didn't even ask Joe what my time was. Oh well. But like I said --- that was fun!
My goals with Crossfit are to use it to better my GPP and to improve performance in my sport, powerlifting. I can't see how it won't make my lifts increase. My powerlifting has been sort of half-ass the past couple years. I pretty much only do about 2 hours of lifting per week and they are concentrated on the main lifts of the squat, bench and deadlift. With that sort of training regimen, I can only improve.
If you want to check out Crossfit Omaha's website: http://www.crossfitomaha.blogspot.com/
They'll be moving to their own space in a couple of weeks...it's gonna be amazing....

0 comments: