Linda...shes a *****!

So a group of us did Linda tonight. Wow that was brutal. It really puts into perspective the strength of a Crossfitter. Obviously I had to scale (or another thing would be just to pretend that I weigh 120 lbs...ha ha ha) as Linda is the following: 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 of:
Deadlift 1.5 times bodyweight
Bench 1 times bodyweight
Cleans 0.75 times bodyweight

I've been running about 159lbs lately, and while I think I might be able to bench that a couple times, I would need a lift-off and would have to do them one at a time. Deadlift would have been 238.5lbs, and man, I usually have a belt on by then (my max with suit is 341 in competition!). Cleans would have been 119.25lbs. Not quite there yet in my core strength. So instead I did the following:

155lb deadlift (should have gone up, but I didn't know what to expect)
95lb bench (again, should have gone up)
90lb cleans --- just right....

But here's the deal...I got all messed up. I missed a deadlift round...so then I had to add it later. Had a DNF -- got through 3 deads, benches and 1 clean.
I love it that Ricky and Joe had me do this one. It was interesting to put my strength to the test Crossfit style -- and it definitely shows me I have a long journey to get where I want to be, but man will it be sweaty, sore and fun!

0 comments: