WOD 080924 - feeling it...really...

"If you can talk, you’re not trying hard enough. If your nerves aren’t frayed and ready to rebel, you’ll never get there...There are no pills, no secrets, no passwords on the path to greatness. You’ve got to embrace the pain, push the threshold, and feel the suck, and then you’ve got to muster the courage to go back six times a week." from Again faster.com, Dedication.

I had an epiphany in my workout last night. I am much stronger and fitter than I think I am. I don't push my body nearly as much as I can. My mental blockages are starting to fall, as through Crossfit, I am finally realizing my potential.

Last night I pushed through that workout harder than I ever have before. Last night I competed, not only against myself, but secretly against the girl in front of me. I won, both against my mind and my fellow competitor (who was fully unaware of that little goal I set for myself...).

1000m row
5 rounds of:
7 push press (75# - prescribed was 85#)
20 db squats (25# dumbbells)

Time: 18:08

Why did I win? I pushed through the weight with less rest - I forced my mind and body to work how I wanted them to - I screamed through those last squats (with Ricky behind me cueing "push through, don't stop, tell your mind you can do it, don't listen to your body" or something to that extent) - and I caught up to, and beat that competitor that I slotted myself secretly against. I might feel like a truck hit me today (never wearing a sleeveless shirt again for push press days, my shoulders were eaten up by the bar), but it reminds me of my win last night. To many more wins....

0 comments: